You can like a poem
or even love it,
but be careful,
as Terms and conditions apply.
1. You can only like it (or love it)
if you’ve actually read it;
2. You can only really appreciate it
(which is indicated by you liking or loving it)
if you have read it out aloud;
3. Any criticism should be valid, and even-handed;
4. Any praise should be within the bounds of credulity;
5. Furthermore, you should be able to recognise a poem when it bites you on the bottom;
6. This is not a poem, or a list poem – it’s merely some prose and a list.